Re: (TFT) Dave's timing

1 second = Action Time
<Mastery is achieved when there is no separation between thought and
action.>
(How are you attacking?)

5 seconds = Melee Round
(Who are you attacking?)

1 minuet = Segment / Detailed Movement
(Where are you attacking? / What are you looking at?)

10 minuets = Turn / Exploration Movement
(Which way are you going?)

1 hour = Detailed Travel
(What are you doing on the way?)

1 day = General Travel
(Where are you going?) <with beards all a-dragin. No knowin, no knowin......
I can't help it. It's coming!>

1 week = Extended Travel / Detailed Study
(What is your focus?)

1 month = General Study
(What is your focus doing for you?)

1 year = Extended Study / Detailed Abstract
(What are you doing for your focus? / What is happening in your world?)

1 decade = General Abstract
(What is your goal?)

1 generation = Extended Abstract
(Why?)

1 dyanisty = Game Orginazational Director time
(What is the meaning of all this?)

> Dave mentions,
>
> However, someone here mentioned the idea that a five second turn is quite
> a long time to merely draw a weapon and do nothing else that turn.  I may
> just decide to make drawing a weapon a "zero-time" action, but I'll have
> think about it some more.>>>>>
>
> Realistically, I believe the five second time frame is correct for the
> drawing and "preparation" of the weapon for use.  So the time scale is
> somewhat close to realistic.  This is the one thing that irritated me with
> GURPS.  In "one" second, a person could move a short distance, dodge,
parry,
> and block incoming attacks, and still attack with their weapon.
>
> As for the range chart, fix it for the e-mails by using spacing rather
than
> Tabs and then we can talk.  It looks interesting BUT it is hard to
decipher.
> I have never really had a problem with the range system as it is
unrealistic
> or not.
>
> As far as combat rules go, TFT is one sided when it comes to the attacker.
> I have added parrying and shielding rules that I have created of have
> modified from the list entries.
>
> Yours in Cidri,
> Justin

> Have you ever noticed that almost all the dead airborne in Saving Private
> Ryan are 82nd Airborne?  Wonder what General Galvin thinks of that.  He
live
> just up the road in Williamsburg, VA.  What happened to your diatribes on
> Taco Bell?

Yeah I was in the 82nd and went to the conventions and the old guys told
lots of stories about being in the air before hand and allot of stories
about
stuff that happened afterwards but they kept real quiet about the actual
#$*%.

Jay
<>Little things come in small packages.<>