Re: Re: (TFT) Thoughts on Cidri

quite confused wrote:
> 100 times the surface area isn't really possable.

It's not possible if Cidri is a 'natural' terrestrial
planet, which I don't think was ever the idea.  For a
sphere that big to not tear itself apart it would have
to be hollow, and constructed of something along the
lines of Ringworld-style scrith or a framework of
shadow-square thread.

Either that or have some sort of mnoren nonsense
"controlling the gravity" somehow.

My take on this is that we know Cidri is huge.  100 times
the surface area is probably a conservative estimate.  So
that's not really in question.  The real question is what
is the best way to make it that huge, while using as little
hand-waving and super-science as necessary (although I grant
you that a Ringworld-engineer level of tech is certainly
required).