(TFT) Re: Melting points of caldrons

Hi all,

	Lava as it comes out of a volcano is about
1150 degrees Celsius (+/- 25 C or so).  This is lower
than the temperature of some ancient metals so a lava
caldron should work.

	Copper melts at 1084 C
	Iron melts at 1538  C
	Lead melts at 327.5 C
	Gold melts at 1064 C
	Silver melts at 962 C
	Platinum melts at 1768.5 C
	Mercury melts at -39 C
	Tin melts at 232 C

	( I think this includes all of the metals known
by the ancients.  Am I missing any? )

	Brass and Bronze have higher melting points
than copper but my book does not list those alloy's melting
points.  Does anyone know what they are?

	In my campaign I copper lava caldron would
not work because something just below melting temperature
would lose any enchantments (much like high temperatures
causing iron to lose magnetism).  However an iron lava
caldron should be ok.

	Rick