Re: (TFT) Re: Melting points of caldrons

> Copper melts at 1084 C
> Iron melts at 1538  C
> Lead melts at 327.5 C
> Gold melts at 1064 C
> Silver melts at 962 C
> Platinum melts at 1768.5 C
> Mercury melts at -39 C
> Tin melts at 232 C
>
> ( I think this includes all of the metals known
> by the ancients.  Am I missing any? )
>
> Brass and Bronze have higher melting points
> than copper but my book does not list those alloy's melting
> points.  Does anyone know what they are?

Pasha,

Mixtures do not melt at a specific temperature. Simple mixtures, such as
brass and bronze, melt over a range of temperatures. The melting point of
most simple mixtures differs from that of any of the pure substances in the
mixtures. Brass, an alloy of copper and zinc, melts over a range of 900 °C
to 1000 °C. However, the melting point of copper is 1083.4 °C, and that of
zinc is 419.58 °C.
Bronze (tin and copper) is about 950 °C.

Jay
"Out of the whole tavern why did they come and pick on me? Do I have a big
red PC tatooed on my forehead or something?"
S. Sherlock pointing out a standard plot device in RPG's and movies/TV