Re: (TFT) More thoughts on healing spells

Pasha and or Rick Smith wrote:

> Hi Thorn,
>         I like these, particularly the War Priest's
> healing spell.  Do you mind if I use it in my
> Religions in TFT?

Go nuts.  :)

>         I think all of your suggestions are
> balanced. Just so long as we break the cycle of
> 'hack & heal' so beloved by D&D enthusiasts.

Right.  Mix it up.  There should be more to it than how many d of what
size you can heal.  If it's godly, put some _spin_ on it.  If it's
magery, science it up a bit.  Another thing: I _hate_ dice in the
context of healing (except possibly if a Chance-god bestowed such a
spell).  It seems to me a mage would research _why_ he sometimes gets 6
points, sometimes 1.  And as for clerical healing, it's just plain
_wrong_ to cast a healing spell after a great heroic battle, with the
second wave of undead/demons/heretic cultists bearing down, and roll all
'1's.