Re: RE: (TFT) Re: Pistol accuracy

Hm, I think I'd take mild exception to this characterization.
It's not as if the weapon is irrelevant, but training and
experience are very, very important.  IMO, in real life, I'd
rather have an untrained oaf shooting at me with a 10mm
automatic than have a Delta Force trooper shooting at me with
a .22 revolver.  Or, to get away from the guns, I'd rather see
an untrained oaf swinging a two-handed sword at me than a Navy
Seal coming at me with a 'mere' combat knife.

If anything, I think the variation in the deadliness of TFT
weapons may be TOO great, compared to reality.  But it works
well in the game.<

Well, sure, but both of those are extreme examples -- and all
'generalizations' break down at the extreme. Precisely because the extreme
variations are not subject to generalization. They are the exceptions that
prove the rule.

How would you compare a Navy Seal shooting an automatic weapon at you and
an enraged accountant shooting an automatic weapon at you? In the real
world, it makes no real difference. In TFT it makes a LOT of difference!

Michael