Re: (TFT) On-Line Chat Role-Playing

>     I would be happy if I could log on to some kind of brainiac server and
> use some kind of software to just play a five minute game of old fashioned
> melee'.  I don't see how it is possible though.  It would be nice.  Any
> time, day or night, any two or more people could whip up some characters and
> launch into the arena.  This is the first step I would like to take.  I just
> don't see it happening.  I can't figure out the client / server protocals
> for one thing.
>
>     David Michael Grouchy II

Well, there's always Cyberboard and NetMeeting.  It even supports voice-over-IP.

There are also some GPL-based board game construction sets that might be useable
as a framework for this, but I haven't delved into them too deeply.

An interesting approach might be to use the API for an instant messager system
(like AIM or ICQ), and interface a Cyberboard-like game system to that, to
support board gaming over IM.

Just some thoughts on the subject....

Tony Merlock