Re: (TFT) Rick's Old /Space Gamer/ Ad

Dear Joe:

 > From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
 > Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:19:57 -0400 (EDT)
 >      [...]
 > Michael Taylor wrote:
 >
 > > Did you ever get an idea of approximately HOW MUCH cash
 > > would do it or was it always just "Surprise me and I'll let
 > > ya know"?
 >
 > There was never a number mentioned. The impr3ession I got was
 > that HT has no number in mind, just that when he sees an
 > offer, it'll either be too low or acceptable, with no clue as
 > to what influences that decision.

I thought I'd read that he wanted $250,000 for the system.  Don't
remember where I saw that, although I seem to attach the memory to
poking around for PBEM support online.

 > Bummer! If I ever hit the lottery, I'll be putting in an
 > offer of my own :)

You have to find him, first.  Apparently that's not been easy to do of
late, either.

But if you could afford a quarter mil to buy the system, you could
probably afford the $25 most places charge to find people for you, or
even a $200 retainer for a real sleuth...