RE: (TFT) spell prefixes (vote please)

>I've always liked the balance between
wizards and heroes in the TFT system. When I
added many powerful spells to TFT, I found this
broke the balance so I added new talents for
the fighters. (Also I lowered the point cost for
talents but kept spells at one point per spell
which helps.)
        However assuming that the spell prefixes
were fixed along the lines of Stan's suggestions,
we still end up with wizards being much more
flexible / powerful than heroes.
        Rick<

Some other thoughts:
Interesting thoughts. I agree that I also like the balance between heroes
and wizards (and I also agree with most of Stan's suggestions!).

I tend to think that as long as you *don't* lower the cost of talents for
wizards though, that the social and practical aspects of wizards being so
specialized tend to balance the characters in an RPG campaign (though not
perhaps in "arena" combat). Wizards are hugely powerful in combat, but they
pretty much suck at everything else and therefore dont get invited to alot
of parties....

Michael