RE: (TFT) Charging and HTH

Hi Terry,
	The way I play (which I think is according to the
rules on this subject) is:

	Charge Attacks.
	A charge attack is when you move from unengaged
to engaged, or when some one charges you.

	You only get double damage with pole weapons if
it is a 3 hex straight line charge. (This is the same option as
charge attack but a subset of all charges. Any 3 hex straight
line charge is a charge attack but not all charge attacks are
3 hex straight line charges.)

	You only get +2 DX with a pole weapon if you stand
still vs. a charge attack against you. (But the enemy will likely
weave on the way in preventing you from doing double damage
to them.)

	Wizards and Daggers.
	Somewhere in the rules it says "Any one can use a
dagger in HTH." which I understand to mean that you
don't need Knife talent to use a dagger effectively in HTH. Of
course that dagger better be bronze or silver if it isn't going to
screw up your magic.

	If you want to throw daggers or use them to attack
adjacent figures you need Knife talent.

	Rick