Re: (TFT) Orc Swill?

Michael Taylor wrote:

> Message text written by INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com
> >
> > Do any TFT rules exist for what the effect of alcohol is on characters?
>
> You mean canon?  Not that I know of.
>
> Got a house rule:  Drink a pint of stout, or a shot of strong stuff, and
> save 3/ST.  Fail, lose a point of ST (fatigue, but no recovery until you
> purge the ETOH)  Pass, and lose a point of IQ (same recovery).  The next
> pass costs you a point of DX.  (Fails always cost ST)
>
> It's not perfect, but it works for me.<
>
> Yeah, I meant cannon, or something published in an Interplay, Fantasy
> Forum, something like that. I try to be consistent with what already
> exists...
>
> But this rules a good one. I'll put this on the list and see what people
> like.
>
> A couple of questions:
> 1. What does "ETOH" mean?
> 2. Do you keep alternating IQ and DX?
> 3. Do you keep losing points until you get to zero IQ and zero DX?

ETOH is an abbreviation for Ethanol, which is a shortening of Ethyl
Alcohol, the 'good' alcohol.

Alternate IQ, then DX, ad nauseum.

At zero IQ or DX you just can't manage to get another drink into you.
Barring a handy frat buddy with a funnel and a hose, most folk just get
started on their recovery.  :)