RE: (TFT) Gurps as in Burps

----- Original Message -----

From: Michael Taylor

To: INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com

Sent: 8/31/2001 9:21:49 PM

Subject: (TFT) Gurps as in Burps

 That was always my turn off about GURPS and one of the major reasons I

stopped playing it. Think about how many things the normal person can do
in

"One Mississippi."  In a combat turn, dodge as much as you want,
block,

parry, and ATTACK, I think not.

Yeah, I always wondered how GURPS could call itself 'realistic' and have
1

second turns. I think maybe they got all their advice about what was
"real"

from SCA members....

Michael

=====

More than likely what they, the SCA believed was real.
Most HTH or Melee is stop and start and GURPS seems not to allow for this.
This is why I think the TFT system is better.   Somewhat realistic but
playablity is more important in a ROLEplaying game.  The story is what
matters as far as I am concerned.

Yours in Cidri and roleplaying,

Justin