From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
John Paul Bakshoian
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 5:42 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: RE: (TFT) Charging and HTH

>From: Pasha and Rick Smith <pnrsmith@istar.ca>
>Subject: RE: (TFT) Charging and HTH
>Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:53:36 -0700
>

>	By the way, I say that if an friendly unit is in
>your rear hex when you have a long pole weapon
>(spear or longer) you are at -4 DX using it.  If you have
>a wall or an enemy in your rear hex when you have a
>long pole weapon, you have a -6 DX using it.
>	This small addition, goes a surprisingly long
>way to make pole weapons feel awkward in tight fighting.
>
>	Rick
>	***

I'm OK with the concept of giving some liability to polearms in dungeons or
rooms.   The back against the wall penalty is a good idea.

I think the penalty should be lower, like around -3 DX.  Although, now that
I look at it you're saying LONG pole weapon.  By that do you mean Longer
that a halberd?

Also, ancient wars were fought with phalanxes of long pole weapons 3-4 rows
deep.  Do they all have that penalty when grouped like this?  I would give a
friendly rear perhaps a -1DX.

Hey, what about giving a halberd a "sweeping blow" ability?

Hail Melee
John Paul