RE: (TFT) Charging and HTH

From: "John Paul Bakshoian" <hailmelee@hotmail.com>

Hey, what about giving a halberd a "sweeping blow" ability?

John,
I have an old house rule on the halberd sweeping blow. At least as close to a sweeping blow as I could find in history. Sorry, it doesn't attack multiple oponents. It's fairly restricted. I can't cite the source for this info, but I heard that the halberd was used this way.

HOOK PULL DOWN: Halberd type weapons with a charging tip, and a hook were used to set vs. charging cavalry, and if they missed then they would immediately turn around and try to hook the rider so they could pull the rider down off their mount. They will hook the rider by their armor, of flesh, and snatch them out of the saddle to fall rudely on the ground. If the rider is lashed to the saddle then they would just loose some armor or take damage. The ex-rider is supine and stunned (DX-4 next turn). The halberdier may try to drag the fallen rider by their armor next turn, or try to disentangle the halberd from the armor. If the rider was un armored the halbadier may charge next turn.

  David Michael Grouchy II