Re: (TFT) Calendar system for Cidri?

From: "John Paul Bakshoian" <hailmelee@hotmail.com>

Another possibility is that a gate is not flat but concave,
like a hemisphere (It does say "up to 3 meters in diameter."
If this were the case you could have two gates enclosing the
area.  OR how about making the gate spin.  Then you could
have one gate in constant motion doing the same thing.

John,
I never considered hemispheres. That puts new emphasis on the word diameter. Cool. About the spinning gate, I couldn't allow it. I had some players exploit any type of gate that can move. So in my campaign they are locked in position. One player developed a jet engine with moveable gates. Another one did him one better and developed the waterfall powered speed boat. The way I envision tying worlds together with gates is to start with underground labs. First just linking them together across the alternate earths. This gives the Mnoren access to anywhere from their secret bases. Then when an area has been quelled they can wallpaper the lab with gatess. Say linking it into a hall in the new castle. If they get tired of the new digs they can change the wallpaper and have their lab exist in another fort somewhere else. Even a sunny field. Eventually, say third generation Mnoren, they would have the resources to gate in an entire field or even a mountain. The Mnoren could link these large areas together like a suburbia of the gods. Mnoren "x" has a mountain. Next door is Mnoren "y" with an island. And next to him "z" with a desert pyramid. Imagine 8km areas linked together like this. As the Mnoren power grew, the size of the areas added would grow. Sooner or later someone would trump the others and add an entire continent. Thus the building of Cidri proper begins.

  David Michael Grouchy II