Re: (TFT) Favorite Literary Character

Regarding Favorite Literary Characters,

Who is your favorite literary character that is 'off the
beaten path,' ie, may only appear in a single book or
trilogy instead of a long series (such as Conan, Tarl
Cabot, Elric, the Grey Mouser, etc.)

Personally, one of my favorites is Per Hiero Desteen,
Priest and Senior Killman.  He appears in "Hiero's
Journey" and "The Unforsaken Hiero", both by Sterling
Lanier.

BTW, if you are looking for "After Man" stuff, this
series is a good one to check out.  It takes place
5,000 years after "The Death".  Mankind has evolved
to the point where some have telepathic powers and
can even communicate with some animals.  Leemutes
(Lethal Mutations) are intelligent animals which
are hostile to humans.  I think these books are good
reads, but of course YMMV.

Dan