Re: (TFT) SOLO II

The City of New Orleans
Omni is the head wizard of the Wizards Guild of New Orleans. Its a breezy day with still waters flowing by the little Cajun village. Eva and the children have set up several tables on the lawn for meals. The apprentices and the workers have just finished breakfast and are setting about various tasks. You are sitting with Eva, and Omni at the head table. Omni puts down his coffee and takes a ring off of his finger. I want you to take the ring. He slides it across the wooden table with his index finger to you. My ring. It will protect you. You take the gold ring. Its made of gold and unnaturally light. Go through the gate back to the church and run things. The ring glints in the morning light. Brief the clergy about the rats. The vampirism will spread but it must be stopped. You slide the ring on and it seems to fit perfectly. You now have an iron flesh ring. It stops six(6) points from all attacks. Omni fixes you with his old sharp eyes and continues. Take the book with you. It will help you sway the clergy. His eyes are brown and he seems of Spanish decent. The whites of his eyes are red from stress and fatigue. We will set up a Lab here, and some of us will go after the Vampires in their plantation house. To root out the source. When we are done, we will join you and you can return my ring. He picks up his coffee, drains the cup and puts it down. Rising from the table he says Our tasks are before us. And he leaves the table. Eva looks at you sideways. My place is here. I thank you, and a blessing on your head, she smiles, Father Lubik. She looks over at the children who are excited watching the apprentices unpacking magical gear from crates. Bowls, beakers, jars, and oils. Who knows. Next time we meet I may be calling you Bishop Lubik. With that she gets up and joins the children. You go and fetch your book. Taking a last look at the village, you go to the gate, take a breath and step through.

You pop through the gate and find yourself in a park outside of a church. Saint Johns Cathedral. It has two tall towers on each side of the front door, topped with French style blue pointed roofs. To the right is a four story building called The Presbyteree. This is where the clergy lives. Your room (or cell as the monks call it) is there. It too is of French style. To the left of the square park is an older Spanish building. This is The Cabildo. The seat of government. Turning around to face the river behind you river boats are visible crowding the dock. You suddenly realize there are Halberdiers pointing their weapons at you. They must have been stationed here to guard the Gate. There is an old bent man with them who has a long pole with a net on the end. He looks like a dog catcher. Maybe a rat catcher. An old priest is with them. Its Brother Io. He is scrutinizing you with his narrow eyes. He speaks, not to you. Relax boys. He doesnt look like Nosferatu, to me. His face brightens as he comes over to embrace you. He says Welcome back Father Lubik. He kisses you on the cheek as is the tradition. I see that no one has been drinking your blood. He puts his hands on your shoulders. Come, the bishop will want to be briefed. His grip on your shoulders is too strong. A scholar, which Brother Io is, gets a 4D vs. IQ save to determine if someone is a vampire when they first meet them. You do not have this luxury, as you dont have the scholars talent. You do have some experience with vampires though. You notice two things. New Orleans is in the northern hemisphere. The sun stays mostly in the southern sky. These men all have their backs to the south, where the dock is, with each one taking care to keep their faces in shadow. Including Brother Io. Second you notice that Io is squinting his eyes to narrow slits. Like the light is hurting them. You push Io onto the charging halberdier and he is impaled. The fight is on. These gate guards must have been bitten by rats, and they were just checking to see if you were one of them or not before they finished you. Each of them will fight at DX-4 from the sunlight. They WILL NOT face south to fight.

Four Halberdiers
ST: 19      Halberd 2D, double damage on a charge attack
DX: 11( 7)  Middle class cloths
IQ:  8      Pole weapons(2), Running(2), Knife(1),
MA: 12      Thrown weapons(2), swimming(1)

/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/L \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/H1\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/G \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/H2\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/H4\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/H3\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/

L: Lubik
I: the body of Io who was just run through from behind
H1 -H4: The vampire halberdiers
G: the gate

Handle this fight. Finish them all. You have the initiative. You may want to set vs. charge. Remember your iron flesh ring stops six points of damage.

    [if you win there is a possible 128 EP]

   Continue to the Cathedral.