Re: (TFT) Starting characters?

> I have a player that wants to play TWO new characters at the same time,
one
> with 30 points and one starting at 40 points.
>
> What do you people think?

For me it takes alot of the fun out of it. It is like building up a big
cricket score run by run. Having a character evolve over time, why he has a
ST of x, where he got his sword, followers etc. unlike ZAP you're a 40 point
character. If you start at the top, where else is there to go?
Power is only relative - one has tougher labyrinths for tougher players.

In AD&D 20 years ago, the first 7 modules they brought out for it were
G1,2,3, D1,2,3 and S1 (though next came T1 which wsa 1st level). All were
for 9th level characters and when someone wanted to DM them we all created
or got premade high level characters. It was a bit...ho hum OK I got this
14th level magic user, well yeah he's got a wand of frost, can cast conjure
elemental....what else? Total anticlimax.

A few yeares later I enjoyed DMing and getting a party powerful enough to
play 'Against the Giants' and over months had rumours of giants raiding here
and there to build up to it - I thought I did OK, then one day brought out
G1 from behind a DMs screen and watched the players' eyes light up after a
successful dungeon somewhere else and they were 8-9th level....'OK

much more fun.
Cas