Re: (TFT) Starting characters?

> Message text written by INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com
> >It was a bit...ho hum OK I got this
> 14th level magic user, well yeah he's got a wand of frost, can cast
conjure
> elemental....what else? Total anticlimax.
>
> I couldnt agree more. One of the reasons I like TFT is because you'll
NEVER
> get to "14th" level. I like that as a GM AND I like that as a player for
> much the same reasons. BORING!

I also agree. Another of the wonders of TFT is that you can have an
extremely useful character who is entirely useless in combat. I've played
those characters, and it was a blast. He was the guy with woodsman, business
sense, assess value, and physicker. He was also skimming a substantial
amount of the profits for himself, but not so much that if he got caught he
couldn't show how the party was still getting a better deal than if they'd
gone it alone. Or, if they didn't believe that, he could show how profitable
the invested money was, and just how it was split up for each member of the
party. He finally learned knife to get the leader off his back.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com