RE: (TFT) hero 3IQ rule and wizards & hero

Who has the web site with Jackson's errata listed?

-----Original Message-----
From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
srydzews@ix.netcom.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 03:58 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) hero 3IQ rule and wizards & hero

ymir_vilmeid wrote:

> about the heros learn spells at 3IQ, I can see
> why jackson put in the system. but I don't like it,
> I tend to overlook that section of the rules.

You--you do what?  Who do you think you are,
mister?  Overlooking part of the holy texts--are
you out of your mind?

Er, but seriously: yeah, why not?  (!!)  Myself, I
do use the 3 point rule, but really you'd think the
-4 DX penalty on non-wizard casting is enough.  The
two of them together seem a bit too draconian.

And anyway, is a wizard at -4 DX to use a quarterstaff
if he buys that talent (at mere double cost)?  Sheesh.

Hm, looks like I have more of a problem with the
gratuitous DX penalty than with the tripled IQ cost.

Actually, I have an evil suspicion that this all may
be a minor editing error or oversight on Jackson's part.
Consider that the -4 DX on non-wizard casting is just
in AW, and the "3 points per" rule is just in ITL.  I
suspect the second penalty was created without thinking
about the one already in place.

At the very least, it would seem reasonable to
say that the -4 non-wizards get is the SAME -4
that anyone gets from having metal when casting.
(So a schmuck with a sword who spends 3 IQ and
most of a year to learn the Blur spell isn't at
-8 DX to cast the dumb thing.)

All baseless heresy, of course.  A few heated
replies about how non-wizards without -8 DX to
cast Summon Bear will just drive the wizard's
guild into the gutter should beat these silly
notions out of me.