RE: (TFT) Wizard talent templates

>From: Dan Tulloh >Subject: RE: (TFT) Wizard talent templates >Date: Wed,
07 Nov 2001 22:59:57 -0700 > > >Anyway, this is a variation of Michael's
"your character knows how > >to ride a horse, if you say he does, as long
as its easy" or some > >concept like that. Your WWII Medic knows how to
drive a car (or > >a jeep) and he can do it in the "fort", but when he
gets to the > >front and jumps into a jeep and tries, he better have
driving > >talent or he's going to stall it or flip it at the GMs whim. >
>Actually, TFT has incorporated this concept already. They are >called
"Mundane Talents". To take your example, almost everyone >knows how to
drive a car (at least an automatic). But not every- >one can drive
NASCAR. This is where a Driving Talent would come >in: Driving would
allow to race competively, Outrun the police in >a car chase and give a
bonus to react to certain traffic situations. > >Along the lines of a
Fantasy Setting, Horsemanship allows you to >do things like Use a Bow
while Riding, Controlling the Horse with >your knees instead of using the
reins, Perform Melee attacks from >Horseback, etc. There's no need for
Farmer John to make a Riding >roll to "ride into town" without mishap. >
>Dan

Exactly Michael's view and one I'm starting to lean towards.

However, I still prefer to put some of these Mundane talents on the sheet
.  Not every medieval villager knew how to ride a horse (manning the oxen
maybe). That was restricted to landowners. If a villager knows how to
Mundanely ride a horse, that should be noted.

Hailmelee

John Paul