Re: (TFT) Sci-Fi TFT

David Michael Grouchy II writes:

> I have spent some time trying to cypher out the underlying
> formulas for the game.  This has really appealed to my
> mathematical side.
>     I developed a formula that most weapons to a single
>decimal number.   With the formula I can extract the damage
>done, ST required, range modifyer, and can even tell if it
>is finely made or not.  Using this formula one could recreate
>the TFT weapons list, but one could also make any new mideval
>weapon.

I played around with some weapon formulas as well.  I started
by classifying melee weapons into one of two abstract classes:
hammers and rods.  A hammer is simply a heavy weight on the
end of a stick of negligble weight; it can be sharpened (like
an axe) or not (e.g., hammers, maces).  Rods, on the other
hand, have the weight even displaced along the length of the
weapon (swords, clubs).  I then got into force multipliers
and such by considering 2 lever arms (upper and lower arms)
and things got over my head at that point.

Still, I think the initial approach was a good one.  I think
that all handheld medieval weapons fall into one of these 2
categories and the damage done computed accordingly.

Dan