Re: (TFT) Sci-Fi TFT

From: "David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: (TFT) Sci-Fi TFT
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 01:36:49 -0600

From: "John Paul Bakshoian" <hailmelee@hotmail.com>

Not offended by Devine as low IQ as a gaming concept.
But what can a Devine do?  If a Devine cannot make the universe
or breath life into clay to make humans or give fire to man,
then what is devine?

It seems by your definition, though, a Devine will often be
fooled by an illusionist.

You need to expand on what Devine is, perhaps.

John,
  I guess the way to expand it would be to make a list of the IQ 1 through
IQ 6 talents and spells.  I'm not really prepaired to do that but I think I
will fire off some quick ideas anyway.  First, though, I would like to talk
about a key issue you brought up.  Dimi-gods and Illusions.

  A quick rehash:  In the previous post I listed ten ages, or campaigns,
the first one being "God Kings".  The only info I gave in the previous post
was to list "Sticks & Stones" as a sample game of the genera.  Here is a
little more.
  In a God Kings campaign each player character is a preist-king of their
own tribe.  The members of their tribe view and worship them as a god.  The
unique power they have is the power of illusion over members of their own
tribe.  Any illusion they cast on them, or for them, is automatically
believed.  Including healing.
  Combat is done through tribe members.  As long as there is someone left
in the tribe the god king gets to keep playing.  In fact on the character
sheet the statistic of ST is exactly the number of able bodied men who are
warriors in the tribe.
  In a God Kings campaign each player character starts with a name of only
one syllable.  Like "Og" or "Uz" or some such.  As they accomplish great
deeds or missions they get to add syllables to their name. Their name grows
as it were.  Thus if one encounters a tribe that worships someone called
"Og-us-tus" you will know they are experienced and acomplished.
<snip>
  David Michael Grouchy II

David,
OK, that makes better sense as far as creation and creation myths go. IQ 1-6 is the domain of the gods. Animal IQ 1-6 is a different venture. It seems to me then that IQ 1-6 doesn't necessarily mean that the gods are dumb. It could be said that IQ1-6 is infinite IQ and once the god shifts past the Devine at IQ 7, he loses all that infinite IQ and "Goes Human". Before your explanation, I was looking at it like some bright MIT guys make a computer world simulation and populate it. These programmers are devine. But if they want to also play in their world, they have to dumb down via joysticks and mouses and program language and basic and finally they are outsmarted by the very world they created, because they are not of that world and can't act as fast in it as the programmed items because they cant respond as fast as the computer can. Therefore they appear dumber.

I like the Expanding Name for Expanding Power. And we covered the exanding power of God by expanding followers in previous posts.

Anyway, this whole rotating concept could be good for one GameWorld in TFT. Not the Mnoren's necessarily, but a valid and lively one.

-Hail Melee,
John Paul