(TFT) disbelief by Demi-god

John Paul,
I've been thinking about the whole Low IQ vs. Illusion thing. Particularly in light of the Demi-god situation. The first thing I could come up with, after considering it a while, is Zombies are immune to illusion. But, they also have a zero IQ. I particularly like the point made about Demi-gods being able to disbelieve easily because they are disbelieving illusions of things they really made. I don't have any more insight to the matter than that. I do view the low IQ (1-6) as representeng their innocence to the ways of the world that man has created. What I wanted the IQ 1-6 spells and talents to represent were abilities that could be gained in the world of man if the Demi-gods are slain. And, conversely, to imply that if a Demi-god ever got to IQ 7 then all basic weapon talents would be lost to the world. They would become the domain of the divine. Personally I think it is radical enough that divine creatures with low IQ is an understandable concept. One that goes against what one would normally expect to find in a RPG. But, that the evidence supports this unexpected conclusion. That's all.

To All,
On another note. I really don't expect anything to come of this, but I have been asked in the past by various friends and associates "Is there anything I can do to help?" People have generously offered to make huge lists of talents and abilities. I never really felt I could bring them on-board. I hadn't figured out how to explain what I wanted to do with the talent lists. They would invariable do something like this; Katana ST required 12, does 2D+1. Then I would feel bad when I pointed out that Katana is already listed under braudsword, and that it only does 2D. That or they would introduce things that would throw the system out of balance. Like I said, I don't really expect anything to come of this, but at least now I can say clearly what kind of help would be usefull to me. Some specific interpretations of the low IQ spells as IQ 15 talents. And the same with some low IQ talents as IQ 21 spells. Ones that are moving in the direction of a Sci-fi and a Magic-rich campaign respectively.

Michael Taylor,
You asked earlier if there was some way you could add in talents to the character sheet program. You said that it would be more usefull to you in your campiagn that way. I heard you. I am outlining a standard format for the talent list now. I'll e-mail you off list when its read. I estimate a couple of weeks. I want to test my reader on it first. Make sure it parses smoothly. And that the defaults kick in correctly, so you don't have write too much data to make any one talent different than the next.

   David Michael Grouchy II