Re: (TFT) disbelief by Demi-god

From: "David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com>
Subject: (TFT) disbelief by Demi-god
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 04:40:59 -0600

John Paul,
   I've been thinking about the whole Low IQ vs. Illusion thing.
Particularly in light of the Demi-god situation.  The first thing I could
come up with, after considering it a while, is Zombies are immune to
illusion.  But, they also have a zero IQ.  I particularly like the point
made about Demi-gods being able to disbelieve easily because they are
disbelieving illusions of things they really made.
   I don't have any more insight to the matter than that.  I do view the
low IQ (1-6) as representeng their innocence to the ways of the world that
man has created.  What I wanted the IQ 1-6 spells and talents to represent
were abilities that could be gained in the world of man if the Demi-gods are
slain.  And, conversely, to imply that if a Demi-god ever got to IQ 7 then
all basic weapon talents would be lost to the world.  They would become the
domain of the divine.
   Personally I think it is radical enough that divine creatures with low
IQ is an understandable concept.  One that goes against what one would
normally expect to find in a RPG.  But, that the evidence supports this
unexpected conclusion.  That's all.
   David Michael Grouchy II

David,

Actually, I can see the GOD as IQ 0. He's so bright, you can't find him on the book of numbers. In that case a Demi-God (one who is not quite a GOD, one who a character MIGHT encounter), can be using the values you indicated. It can potentially create a world and all the other things you listed. I like your description of "view the low IQ (1-6) as representeng their innocence to the ways of the world that man has created." This means that if you get a clever human to befriend the Demi-God, you might be able to have him make the changes in your immediate sphere of things. Set you up as king or head priest to Demi-God.

-Hail Melee,
John Paul