Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier

>    This, and the ones that follow, are well made points.  In the case of
the
> 'ten dragon' spear, I didn't explain my positon clearly.  Sorry, I was
> caught up in the numbers.  I should have said that I consider the 'ten
> dragon' spear to be just a version of a pike.  A finely made version.
> That's what the numbers showed to me.

I understand better now. Let's see how I articulate it. "You want a
ten-dragon spear? OK, we play it like a finely-made pike with a funny
name..." Thus, all ten-dragon spears are, according to rules (not roleplay)
finely-made pikes.

>    Using those examples I rule that a naginata in the hands of someone
> without the talent is just a 1+1 two handed spear.  Normal.  With the
> talent, the way it is used does +1 damage.

Understood. It is a bit unreasonable, in my experience with weapons, to
expect that some weapon is so unusual as to be completely unusable by
someone who knows how to use weapons.

>    Your interpretation of the way I wrote it is correct.  My mistake.  I
> meant to emphasise that the formula is used to detect 'so called new
> weapons' that are better interpreted as just finely made versions of
> existing weapons.  Thus ruling out the chance for stacking up the finely
> made rules to get a 1,000,000x cost weapon.  You went for exactly what I
was
> trying to prevent.  I don't think I wrote my conclusion well enough.

Just thinking like a player...

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com