Re: (TFT) backstabbing, what is it good for?

> I suppose if one wanted, a 'sixth sense' talent could be added
> to specifically *allow* twisting under such a circumstance.

Wouldn't that be covered under 'Alertness'? It all hinges on whether or not
you know it's coming.<

Yeah, I agree. It's not really necessary to add a new talent here.

But in the specific case of the 'side-hex-backstab' the rules don't specify
that "needing to be unaware" is a stipulation for getting the +4 DX bonus.

An oversight, perhaps?

I don't think so. In normal combat, everyone is getting turns, and if you
end up with your back to someone, tough luck. I was replying to the case
where someone sneaks up on you. If you don't move, they get a rear shot at
you. But you might notice that they're sneaking up, and get a move in to
turn around. The TFT I've played tends to have a slight break between
'roleplay' time and 'combat' time. Once the counters are on the board and
you roll for initiative, combat rules take over. But it's a lot faster to
not play an enitre campaign turn by turn...

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com