RE: (TFT) Association of Fantasy Trippers

Hi all,
	As someone who lives by copyright as a
living, I can't support the whole sale theft
of these rules.  However, perhaps what is
being suggested is that the only rules that
are being printed are those that are being
changed by errata?

	If so, then that sounds like something
much closer to fair use.

	Rick

-
Er, why yes...ah.. I wasn't going to mention this just yet though...

Oh What The Heck...

A while back (many many times ago), there was the usual discussion about ...
Copyright.  And what fans could do on this topic.

I've come up with another possibility in the fight for beating a dead
unicorn.   Here it is:

Open up a website.  Call it "the Association of Fantasy Trippers."  The host
would put up a note prominantly on the home page.

"By this statement, on this day____, The Association of Fantasy Trippers do
hearby, in a non-exclusive venture, lease the rights to The Fantasy Trip.
The lease terms will be $1 per day.  This will be paid in advance for 1
year.  The money to be put into a US Savings bond and held at ________ bank.
  The posting of the original rulebooks will be for $1 per page.  Also to be
paid by US Savings Bond.  Posting of the original rulebooks is a 1 year
lease, paid in advance and held at ______ bank.

The purpose of the Association of Fantasy Trippers is to keep alive the game
of Fantasy Trip.  To this end, old rules, new rules and new adventures will
be posted on this site.  In order to keep the original rulebooks intact, the
only manipulation of these books will be fixing the errata suggested by the
author and making a full index available.  There will be an updated version
of the rules in a rulebook that is not called "In the Labyrinth".  Possibly
even two or more, depending on who in the association is willing ot display
them.

This is a fan based association.  As of ____ day, the association is not a
money making or even a non-profit organization.  No money is to be made off
of the Association.  It in no way invalidates other TFT websites or other
groups.

This site houses credited revised rules in electronic book form.

Yada yada yada...."

The site would have TFT, AW, AM.  Probably Melee and Wizards.  It might have
the other books too, if the Association were willing to post the $1 a page
bond.

The site would also have all the other rules it can get its hands on with
permission of the authors.  The right to revoke by the authors is constant.
That  disputed line or rule will be stricken from the site.

Each year the bond is paid and accrues interest.

I am interested in backing this up.  The money is there for the present
owners to take, the longer they wait, the  greater it will become.  We in
the meantime could still be cautious and timid, but at least we could go
forward.

Yes, there will be the usual questions:  Who will host it, why not use
already existing sites, will it be part of a webring, is this even OK to do?

Hey, its just a theory right now.

Hail of a lot of Melee,
John Paul