(TFT) Your game, more thoughts.

Hi David,
	The thing is, when I design a game I
borrow (read 'steal') ideas from every other
game I've played.  Wargame design really did
have a state of the art back in the SPI days
when there still was a wargame industry. Game
designers in 1980 had more tricks that they
could mix into their design than designers
in 1965 did.

	If I don't look at your beta, and wait
until it is published, then I can buy a copy
of your game and then borrow (read 'steal')
any parts of it that I like.  I consider this
to be righteous and proper.  (Presumably your
design is not totally original and has built
on rule systems and ideas from previous
games.)

	However if I take this strategy, you
lose any benefit I might be able to give you
which might improve your game.

	You are one of the posters I most enjoy
reading on the TFT list.  If I may so presume,
I consider you something of a friend.  So it
distresses me that I can't help you make your
game better.

	However I am unwilling to sign any wide
reaching non-disclosure agreement which may
seriously limit my own designs that I may try
to publish some decade hence.

	Do you have any thoughts on this?

	In any case, I wish you the best on your
design.

	If you would like to talk to me personally,
you can call me at (604) 939 - 0166.  I am busy
Saturday mornings, Mondays and Fridays, but can
be reached here most other times.

	Rick