Re: (TFT) Copyright discussion-Lawrence Lessig

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:00:07 -0800, "rsmith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>
wrote:

>	I agree with those that say, dump TFT and use another
>quick and fast game system if Howard Th. is not willing to
>accept a reasonable sum for this long dead game.  Every
>year that goes by means that TFT is worth less.  On top of
>that, when TFT came out, D&D was an ugly slug.  Now the
>D&D d20 system is actually playable and since it is owned
>by the Hasbro / Mattel / Avalon Hill / Parker brothers /
>Wizards of the Coast monopoly D&D will have a marketing in
>that small game companies will never match.
>
>	Support other game systems if you want new published
>material.  I've invented my own rules and adventures for years
>and won't be changing any time soon, so I'll stick with TFT.
>But I don't ever expect to see new material for it.

Or even write your own. I did so, basically to piss off someone who
wanted the C&S crowd to dump years worth of work and publish as a d20
game, so I came up with C&S Essence which is a workable game.

Write your own game that does what you want it too, hell I'm sure that
the TFT crowd could rediscover the things they loved TFT for, but in a
newer and more flexible way for the 21st Century

ed
--
edhogg@equus.demon.co.uk           |  Dragons Rescued  |      _////
http://www.equus.demon.co.uk/      |  Maidens Slain    |   o_/o ///