Re: (TFT) Copyright discussion-Lawrence Lessig

From: "rsmith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>

	Soon after Metagaming went under, the wargaming market
dried up. The roleplaying market shrank to 1/3 its 1978 size.

<david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> wrote:

    The story I heard is that the man who wrote the first published
miniature combat rules latter burned those rules.  He is H. G. Wells
and the rules are "Little Wars."

From: ed <edhogg@equus.demon.co.uk>

Little Wars has been printed and played within our lifetime, so maybe
he didn't.

Ed,
It had already been published by then. The story I heard it was the manuscript that perished. Then he went on to write against the published material.

   David Michael Grouchy II