RE: (TFT) Charge Attack --> Some alternate rules.

From: "rsmith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>
Subject: RE: (TFT) Charge Attack --> Some alternate rules.
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:58:11 -0800

<snip>
Here is Bill Seurer's House Rule on Charge Attacks:
---
Charge Attack

A charge attack is defined as a movement of 3 or more hexes in a relatively
straight line ending with a foe in a front hex. On a hex grid, it is
sometimes difficult to move exactly straight, so sideslipping is allowed.

If a person moved at least half their MA on the previous turn, they may
continue that movement another 1 or 2 hexes and perform a charge attack, if
the last 3 hexes moved were in a line. Real movement is continuous and
doesn't stop for the end of the turn.
---
It's a really good rule. I played under it for a year. The backup and
reattack
is a pretty ridiculous move.

I could go along with this continual charge past 5 seconds. In "BraveHeart" they must have been charging 30 seconds before the collision. Also, I don't recall ever seeing a pole-arm fighter ever running back and then charging again, except maybe in Kung-Fu movies. But then again, if I had a chance to do it in Live-Action gaming, I would take advantage of it.

Hail Melee,
John Paul