Re: (TFT) Blane & SJ

--- David Michael Grouchy II
<david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> wrote:
>      Ahhhh Ha ha ha, I too have dabble in this.  When TNG
> first came out I
> used to love trying to anticipate the conclusion.  It's kind
> of like playing
> chess.  Once you know how the peices move...

Well, that's not the approach I use.  When 'character
development' is simulated by the 'let X do something un-Xlike'
method, it's not terribly reliable.  I prefer the 'everything
introduced in the first X minutes is explained in the last X
minutes' methodology.  If they mention widget X, discover
anomaly Y, and if character Z gets most of the
between-commercial-block-one-and-commercial-block-two screen
time, then it must be Ensign Mustard, in the Jeffries tube...
you get the idea.  :)

> >"I'm going to fill my mouth with water, so I have to breathe
> >through my nose.", Guy Straw might say, "The Apache ran for
> >miles that way, I should be able to swim better that way,
> too."
>
>     Intresting.  Had no idea the Apache did that.  Does it
> work?

More as a test of the brave's breath control while running, than
as any endurance-enhancing gimmick.  A squad (platoon?  pack?
gaggle?) of younguns was given a mouthful of water, and a course
to run.  They were expected to spit the water out at the end of
the course.

To keep us on topic, would such a feat be part of the Running
skill?  :)