(TFT) I knew this guy

I knew this guy. He was a legendary GM. Everyone wanted to play in his campaigns. He introduced me to TFT in the first place. 'A much better game.' He said. Robert Flammang was most famous for an adventure he ran in his Mongolian campaign. The fame wasn't for the adventure itself. It was a lost temple of the anti-bhudda in the Himalaya mountain. A stellar adventure, very well designed, with lots of tasty cultural bits. His players didn't celebrate the even handed way he ran combat. The thing they told me about over and over again it was the way this particular adventure started. It's the middle of winter in the foot hills of the Himilayas in a small village. The party is waiting out one of the worst snow storms ever in a tavern. There are two other groups of adventurers in the tavern. The fire is warm and the wind is howling outside. The characters have purchased something called 'fire pots.' They are small pottery bowls with lids that have a permenant magical fire in them. Great for keeping warm with. So this half frozen, raving lunatic, comes stumbling down out of the mountains into the tavern. The tavern keeper recognizes him as a member of a party that had left in late summer. They guy is babling something about a fabulous temple, mounds of gold, terrible monsters, and generally drooling on himself. In his frost bitten hands is a gold amulet. The amulet is identified by an insignia from a lost bhudist sect from six hundred years ago. Every one has heard the legend of this temple, no one thought it was true. Silence falls over the tavern. One of the players says 'Well... someone would have to be crazy to go out looking for a temple in this weather.' One of the other groups of adventurers chimes in 'Yeah. We're not going out in this. Well wait till spring.' The other group says 'No way we're going. A person wouldn't last one night out there.'
    All three groups snuck out that night.
Every player told me the same thing. They had more fun trying to beat the other teams of adventurers through the worst snow storm in history, up the most dangerous mountains in the world, than pretty much any other adventure they had ever been on.

    David Michael Grouchy II