(TFT) I knew this guy

I knew this guy. He was a strange GM named Eddie Whipple. He was looking to attract players and knew we were big into TFT. So he starts a campaign and invites a select few of us over to make characters. Now most of what follows is probably our fault. We, as a group, can be quite difficult players. But at the time we just though he was nuts. We quickly find out that it is to be a political campaign with a lot of talking. Now we like to sharpen our claws a little before chewing the fat with NPCs about economic theory and successionary rights, but we figure Eddie will come around and throw us something to kill sooner or later. With a colective sigh we wait it out. After meeting a string of major NPCs we are starting to loose hope. This session seems to be going nowhere. We are getting an uneasy feeling we are just going to be quized on each person to see if we can remember their clothing, accent, and speech patterns. It's been two hours and no one has gotten a single experience point. Heck, we couldn't even find a decent locked 5D door to break open and get the exp for the roll vs. ST. Then we encounter this politico who starts telling us exactly what we are going to do. Not recruited, not given a mission, but dictated too. Told what we are going to do. Naturally we resist. Finally one of the players snaps. He has his character attack the guy. Does a massive damage with his great hammer and asks Eddie how much experience he got for the blow. 'None.' Is the reply. They politico's armor stopped all the damage. Not only that he didn't get to attack him. The politico has a DX 23 and gets to go first. He frys the character with a lightning bolt of ST 8. Our collective reaction is 'do what?' At this point the session stops as we start to discuss game theory with Eddie. Try to figure out what he expects from us before the evening becomes a total disaster. Turns out that the NPC politico is a 60 point character. In fact, it turns out that every single person we have met in the entire town is a 60 point character. Further it turns out that there is no prepaired adventure at all. All Eddie has is a huge stack of 60 point character sheets. And worse, in the process of questioning him we have wounded his creativity some how. He's now dug in and won't budge. He's not going to make and adventures and the NPC's are all that his campaign is about. Period. End of discussion. 'Ummmm.' One player asks. 'With all these 60 point characters around, what in hell do they need with us.'

   David Michael Grouchy II