Re: (TFT) Orientation for New Campaign

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>

> >I thought you guys might be interested in the orientation
> >document I sent to the players in my latest TFT campaign.
> >http://www.reese.org/tft/TFTO.htm
>
> Ty,
>    There is a minor typo in the new talents section.  The talents of
expert
> and master for hafted weapons both do +2 damage per Dice.  Your opponent's
> DX minus to hit you looks off to.
>
> >Expert Hafted Weapon (2). [...]
> >   You increase your damage by 2 points for every die of damage the
> >   weapon does. For instance, an expert with a battleaxe will do 3+6
> >   damage.
>
> >Master Hafted Weapon (2). [...]
> >   You increase your damage by 2 points per die of damage that his
> >   weapon does. For instance, a master with a battleaxe will do 3+6
> >   damage.

This is mostly correct, but I should have just left the damage information
out:

Master Hafted Weapon (2). Prerequisite: Expert Hafted Weapons, IQ10+, AdjDX
14+. Youre a legendary master of hafted weapons. Opponents are 4 DX to hit
you in melee combat  if youre using a hafted weapon.

Note the change in required AdjDX.

My assumption is that it is possible to achieve a higher level of fighting
ability with swords than with hafted weapons (reflected in the better
defensive capabilities with expert and master sword talents). Partly
balancing this is the better damage of hafted weapons (at the expert level)
and the lower adjDX requirements for master level.

--Ty