RE: (TFT) Guns and Armour Penetration.

-----Original Message-----
From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
srydzews@ix.netcom.com

> This is why I had initially suggested to Ty
> that his rule should be to ignore 3 pts. of
> armor.

Yes, and if it turns out that armor did offer more protection than my
readings indicate, this is the exact mechanism I'd use. I like it so much,
I'll probably adapt it for modern and sci-fi weapons as well (I'd call it
"penetration" and define it as the amount of armor that the projectile can
ignore).

Your suggestion would (at the cost of a slightly more complex rule) reduce
the hypothetical kill chance from 63% to 37% (assuming an arquebuss and a
ST12 target). This is far better than the other solution offered but it
still seems high to me, though.

--Ty