RE: (TFT) Guns and Armour Penetration.

I think I'm beginning to see why you and Michael clashed. Anyhow, can you
provide a cite from this book to back up what you claim -- that armor worn
by soldiers as late at 1734 would offer significant protection from muskets.
With page numbers of course...

Until then, I'll be as skeptical about your claims as you are about mine.

I also note that you did not address my observation that infantry shed its
armor as soon as pikes were replaced and that cavalry was armored because it
was a melee arm. Of course, that's a rather inconvenient fact if you're
actually arguing that armor offered substantial protection against
bullets...

In any case, I breathlessly await your suggestions for how to handle guns in
TFT (or is "plate should protect against guns" it?). If you have nothing
further on this point, I see no point in continuing this little pissing
contest.

You should also learn about probabilities (since you presume ignorance on my
part, I hope you won't mind if I presume ignorance on your part -- fair
enough, eh?). Your apparent contention would allow an arquebuss to kill an
armored target only 10% of the time, versus 63% of the time if unarmored.
Surely even you can see the absurdity here...

--Ty Beard