(TFT) Minor Attributes

As we all know TFT has only 3 attributes, which do a good job of covering
the most important aspects of a character -- how strong/graceful/smart you
are. This is usually a Good Thing (IMHO) as the number of potential
attributes is effectively infinite.

But -- these three attributes don't always cover the bases, especially for
non-combat oriented games. For instance -- IQ for visual observation? What
about the classic non-observant brilliant professor.

There are some "minor attributes" that are useful, but do not justify
spending attribute points on. So, here's my attempt to grapple with them.

MINOR ATTRIBUTES

Minor attributes include Eyesight, Appearance, Hearing, Willpower and
anything else that the GM believes is (a) important and (b) not correlated
too well to existing attributes. The GM should consider the emphasis of his
campaign and determine the minor attributes accordingly. Try to limit
yourself to 3 or so minor attributes.

Some suggestions (gawd, please don't use them all!):

Eyesight
Appearance
Hearing
Willpower
Piety
Self-Control (good for fear checks and rashness checks).
Charisma
Manual Dexterity
Education
Social Status
Mechanical Aptitude

All characters begin with 10 in each minor attribute.

For the expenditure of 1 IQ point (as a talent), you can add +2 to a minor
attribute. Similarly, you can gain an IQ talent point if you're willing to
lower that minor attribute by 2. (If using my d20 system, double the
adjustments, so the numbers are +4 and -4.)

You can add up to +8 to each attribute and subtract as much as -4.

Replace normal TFT rolls with the appropriate minor attribute roll and go to
town!

--Ty