Re: (TFT) Re: problem post

From: "Stan" <srydzews@ix.netcom.com>

Oh, like we have anything else to read. :)  The list has been
in the deep freeze lately.

My long time friends have told me that I have an amazing ability to energize a conversation, and then kill it. But I had nothing to do with it this time. The last major thread I remember was the TFT D20 heresy. This has left me at a loss for words. I've been quietly regrouping, designed some new scenarios, and playing a lot of on-line games. In addition I have designed about 20 new spells. Here is one of the more preposterous ones. Though I think it's balanced.

Tree(T) IQ 8: Causes a tree to grow up out of the ground sprout leaves and spread a canopy over head in one turn. This is an explosive growth rate that will knock anyone on the target hex into and adjacent hex. The roots will do substantial damage to any stone, though the canopy will just entangle itself in any beams or roofing overhead. The canopy will be fourteen times the area of the trunk. Costs 1 point of fatigue per hex of trunk and lasts one day. It costs one fatigue per day maintained after that. Each additional hex of trunk size requires and extra turn to grow into. If the caster has the heart of a blood tree the initial cost is reduced by 1 fatigue.

    David Michael Grouchy II