Re: (TFT) Armies and special gear

I suspect most soldiers wouldn't run nearly so lean a budget as you propose,
or pay such low taxes, but likely your basic point is correct, that someone
who's been soldiering long enough might have saved up enough to buy something
of this sort.

Probably their first purchase, though, would be healing potions.  Cheap, and
with a very clear
and crucial benefit.

> That implies that the kings and generals would
> be much wiser to spend their money on "force
> multiplier" type things that are not so often
> within reach of the average soldier.

Given the typical amount of grousing about how stupid the officers are, the
common soldiers might be be better off having a collection to "buy the captain
a + IQ helmet".  :)