(TFT) Medieval Demographics?

> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:10:52 -0500
> From: "Matt Picone" <matman@mysticworks.com>
> Subject: (TFT) City State emographics?
> Does anyone have/know of a good reference on the demographics and
> topology of a City State?

 Perhaps the website called "Medieval Demographics made easy" @
http://www.io.com/~sjohn/demog.htm and a application at the "the Domesday
book" website @ http://www.rpglibrary.org/utils/meddemog/
will help you out in this area!

I came across both of these website way back while I was following up on
some research about making a plausible population for one of my cities in my
campaign,(Mostly because I had majored in Anthropology with a empathsis on
medieval archaeology while in college), but wound up spending more time on
the research than on creating the city, so it never quite got finished and
joined my (ever growing!) pile of unfinished bits. :-/

I've even found some nice websites detailing Medieval towns at
www.trytel.com/~tristan/towns/towns.html ,
www.britainexpress.com/History/Townlife.htm , and
www.fordham.edu/halsall/sbook1j.html. But, my favorite tends to be the
Labyrinth @ www.georgetown.edu/labyrinth/labyrinth-home.html .

I hope this helps point you in the direction you wanted to go!

- Tim Sireno
 AKA White Wolf, Gamemaster of the World of Cendri TFT Campaign.