Re: (TFT) Fire damage

From: Stan <srydzews@ix.netcom.com>

Do you use these fire effects?  It seems fireball with these
would rather put lightning bolt to shame, unless you have
special lightning rules.

Stan,
Yes I do use them. As for lightning it is still king of the de-enchantment. Kill someone with fire if you 'want' their magic item, with lightning if you 'don't want' anyone to have that item.

It sounds gruesomely realistic, but really, we don't have DX penalties for people that have lost 10 ST to a sword blow,
should we really have them for fire?

Not really clear on this questions. We do have DX-2 at 4 wounds, on the following turn. Besides, a one hex fire is insanely hot. It can burn a myrmidon to death in fifteen seconds.

And why is it harder to set a wooden house on fire than a door?

Uh, when you put it that way, it doesn't seem intuitive. I'm thinking the thickness of the beams/planks. A door is typically thin when compared to the walls of the same house. In fact wooden wall can be much much thicker, and sometimes insulated with layers of dissimilar material.

  David Michael Grouchy II