RE: (TFT) I knew this guy --> Dice rollers

>     I knew this guy was the worst dice roller I have ever seen.  Let me
>tell you about the others first.  For comparison.
>     Many role players who have gamed for a while are aware of dice
>superstitions that develop.  Some players have their preferred dice.
Others
>like to roll each dice one at a time.  Some have to roll all dice at once.
>But this is about flagrant abuse of the dice.

	There was this one guy who I never let
play in my campaign.  But at the gaming club
he was infamous.  First he was a pathological
liar who loved attention.  (For example he
told everyone that his Dad had got 30 tickets
to Europe as part of some deal, and all his
friends could come along.  Free trip, free
hotels and food, etc.  So a bunch of people
took a semester off school to go, etc. etc.
and then he said, "Oh, Dad changed his mind
you can't come.")
	(This was before we knew him very well.)

	Another problem is that he hardly ever
washed, so he smelled REALLY bad.

	But the main problem (!) was that he
cheated.  He got into a Rolemaster campaign
where you roll 1d100 all the time.  In those
days, all we had were 20 sided dice.  What
people would normally do is say that the red
die was the tens digit (treating 11 to 20 as
1 to 10) and the other die was the ones digit.
In Rolemaster, high numbers were good.

	But this guy, would say the die furthest
from his right (or left) side was the tens
digit.  Or the one furthest from his front was
the tens (or ones digit).  Or sometimes it was
the red (or white) die that was the 10's digit.
Or the numbers on the tens digit (or ones
digit) were facing him more directly so
obviously the tens digit (or ones digit) HAD
to be the tens digit (or ones digit).  etc.
etc.

	The thing was that he did not just
announce which was the ten's digit, he would
come up with one of these rules loudly and
publicly for every roll, so after about 3 rolls
of the dice EVERYONE KNEW he was cheating.

	I had a rule about cheating which was a
little bit famous.  If I caught you cheating
in those days, your character died.  All your
other characters in all of my campaigns died.
In fact, there was a good chance that other
members of your party would die, or lose magic
items or suffer in some permanent unpleasant
way.  This was a first warning.  The second
time I caught you cheating you were kicked
out of my campaign forever.

	I could not imagine allowing a player
like this in my campaign.

	Anyway, there was this one time where he
had to make a really important roll.  It was
not that _difficult_ a roll, he needed a 21 or
higher or something, but it was vital that he
made it.

	This guy rolls the dice, and stares at
the result.  Just stares.  Everyone looks over
and he has rolled a 1, 1.  And people break up
laughing.  There was NOTHING he could do with
that roll.

	Anyway eventually the die 10's came out
that were numbered 10, 20, ... 00, and the GM
made him roll that sort (black dice with white
numbers) so that form of cheating went away.
But he kept on cheating every other way he
could.

	As I said, I could not IMAGINE allowing
that sort of person into one of my campaigns.
I always wondered how this guy could find GM's
but he always seemed to.

	Rick