Re: (TFT) Are TFT Magic Items Too Complicated?

From: "rsmith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>

Hi all,
	If we were to republish TFT, would you say
that the system for making magic items is too
complicated?

Rick,
  If I had my wish, there are three things I would like to change.

  1.  Every spell can be a potion (trailtwister)
  2.  Every potion can be a magic item (youth)
  3.  And every magic item can be a spell (crystal ball)

Also as a general change in the numbers I really feel it takes too long to make magic items. I have been GMing for countless years and only one character has ever made a magic item. And that was a +1 sword. I would like to see all the times changed from weeks to days. So a +1 sword could be made in one day. It's a great part of the system, but no one gets to use it because it just takes too long.

  David Michael Grouchy II