Re: Re: Re: (TFT) Heritage/Philosophy of TFT

While I agree that it is the height of geekiness to be discussing in-game recreation of books...sigh.  At least it's not the "weight of swords" debate.

Anyhoo, as far as iron and wizards go, Gandalf isn't even human, he's one of the Maiar, an angel, so who knows what kind of rules apply to him?  The Mouth of Sauron is the only human 'sorcerer' that appears in LotR.  Not that we have any idea what kind of 'sorcery' he could work aside from being snotty.

In any case TFT would work as well as any FRP system for these purposes, and better than most.   ITL's relative lack of overt gods and religion would at least fit in well with the LotR setting, where such things are kept very, very much in the background--hardly even mentioned outside of the Silmarillion.