Re: (TFT) Announcing myself and a question

From: ErolB1@aol.com

I've been GMing TFT for a long time, but I've only now gotten
around to subscribing to this list and putting some of my
TFT/Etan stuff up on my web site:

http://members.aol.com/erolb1/etan.html

Erol,
Welcome. I've been reading over the material on the web site above. I must say I'm impressed. The materail you have there for the "TFT Personal Edition" looks like years apon years of actual play.

To the Group,
Here are a few snips I found interesting. Erol has descriptions for all the spells and talents that are a quite a bit more in depth. Gas bombs are included in the potion list. And enchantments have a lot more specific examples and greatly expanded cost explanations.

  For instance this is the text on the "staff" spell...

"STAFF: This spell puts the ''wizard's staff'' enchantment on an object, creating a magical weapon that only the creating wizard can use. The spell is normally cast on a wooden stick, but it can be cast on any non-ferromagnetic inanimate object - ring, silver dagger, ivory wand, etc. As a weapon, a wizard's staff does one die of damage and requires no special talent to use. A wizard can also cast the Staff spell on a weapon, increasing the normal weapon damage by one die. In this case, the wizard must have the appropriate talent for the underlying weapon, or else suffer the appropriate Dx penalty when using it. However, the wizard may choose to ignore the fact that the object used to make the staff was already a weapon. In this case, it does only 1 die of damage as a wizard's staff bu has no Dx penalty. The Staff spell has no effect when the staff is used by a figure other than the creating wizard, or when used as a thrown or missile weapon. A wizard's staff does not give the wizard any help or bonus when casting spells. On the other hand, holding a staff does not interfere with the wizard's spell-casting gestures as ordianary weapon would. A wizard pays no Strength cost to hit with a staff - it does not draw its power from the wizard. Staves ARE affected by fumbles (to hit rolls of 17 or 18), and by the Drop Weapon and Break Weapons spells. If anyone picks up a wizard's staff against the wizard's will, the staff explodes doing 3 dice of damage to the figure who picked it up. Note that if the wizard WANTS someone to pick up his or her staff so that it will explode; it won't - it's not against the wizard's will. Also, the wizard cannot ''change his mind'' after the staff has been picked up. The intent of this is to keep wizards from deliberately using their staves as bombs. In addition to the ''wizard's staff'' enchantment, a wizard may place up to four ''Lesser Magic Item'' enchantments on his or her staff WITHOUT knowing the Lesser Magic Item Creation spell. The ''wizard's staff'' enchantment always counts as the last spell on the item even though it is always cast first. The additional enchantments are created following the standard procedures (see CREATING MAGIC ITEMS), bu the wizard my not have any help - not even from apprentices. The most common forms of a wizard's staff are a short (1 foot) wand which does only one die damage but can be used in HTH, and the quarterstaff wich produces a St 11, 2-handed weapon doing 2D+2 damage for a total investment of 3 IQ points - one for the Staff spell and two for the Quarterstaff talent. St cost for the 'Staff' enchantment: 5. A wizard can only have one staff at a time.
  -Tables.pdf
  -Erol K. Bayburt

And the Naturalist talent references Hunting, Fishing, Foraging. It also says to see WILDERNESS TRAVEL for details. Then when one checks the WILDERNESS TRAVEL section, there in detail are the Hunting, Fishing, and Foraging sections. These are just examples. Erols work is saturated with tons of juicy details.

  Well done,
  David Michael Grouchy II