Re: (TFT) What about those darn elementals?

From: Stan <srydzews@ix.netcom.com>

Good ideas. One other suggestion I might add would be this: not only do they have to drink blood, make it clear that they can't eat or drink anything else. ("I don't drink...wine.") That will make it rather harder for the vampire to pass himself off as a human.

What would be the positive version of this? The lightShift spell. There isn't a single positive monster in the whole game. DarkShift is pretty easy to write. Just lift the vampire rules. But there is no Ki-Rin, or gold dragon. Even the pegasus is just listed under BEASTS, Horses. This seems to be a major break with D&D. I'm not so much interested in limiting the power of the vampire, as defining its opposition. I think the reason players are willing to get their characters infected is because there is no other way to go. At least there are no positive moves that bring so much ST and power so quickly.

  David Michael Grouchy II