Re: (TFT) The philosophy of writing Tightly defined spell effects

Rick,
I find the spells, like TFT in general, pretty generic, which is OK, but
then put the emphasis on the roleplaying to elaborate.
eg: 'Lavender Darts of Ptath' from CoC I thought was a much more evocative
name than Magic Missile but the effects are similar.

Some dreamland CoC spells I really liked and maybe worth transferring for
some wierdo wizards guilds out there..........
(hmmmmm..........Maws of Pandemonium............)

As you can figure, I loved all the funny monsters in D&D too, (compare
'Demon' with .................... in D&D)