Re: (TFT) Gates?

--- Raven <raven@pipeline.com> wrote:

> however,  does this mean that each "piece" causes a
> roll?

The buzz seems to be breaking toward not.

> I would defer top the "reality of GM" which menas,
> if a dwarf takes a poop,
> pardon my french, then it is fine.  the "toilet
> gate" was intentionally
> designed for this, however, if some interprising
> adventurer dives down the
> toilet to escape, then toss the roll to see if he
> leaves one half of his
> (assumed) much larger phyiscal self behind.

Not per the rules.  He'd get through, period.  The
gate may fail one minute later, but the rules do not
set up the situation where somebody gets cut in half.

> Not to say i doubt many adventures would "shoot the
> tube" so to speak, but i
> wouldnt let them get away qith dropping gems, gold,
> loot, etc... then
> retreating to the flushing destination and
> collection their loot.

The gate rule might be only to pass feces, or not to
pass treasure, or whatever.  But aside from that, GMs
that "wouldn't let them get away with" something that
is established in the rules...  Well, that's why I
started GMing in the first place.

> what ya think?!?!?

Remember, you asked.